Monday 19 November 2012

Digipak Research




For my digipak and magazine advert I want it to be very similar to that of most R&B/Pop artists. For my concept I would like to have although like the front cover she is innocent the inside will be like a party type setting with her behaving how she would when she's with friends. This will show the persons star persona.  I would like to keep it redundant to R&B however have entropic elements because it is not just an R&B song, it is quite Pop too. The front cover will be slightly more subtle than the other images. I would like to have a plain image for the cover of the CD because the ones I have researched have featured an innocent looking female on the cover with bold writing around it. For the magazine advert I would like to use the same kind of image from the digipak with the same font and colours on the artwork to make it iconic of the artist which is what Jessie J's digipak and magazine advert are like. The brand identity I am hoping to establish are that she is innocent which reaches out to the younger generation however young, free spirited, determined and successful. I would maybe like to have an image of the artist boxing a punch bag to show determination which will follow on when it comes to our music video. I will make the image look less innocent and plain by having bright red lipstick and bold jewellery. My ideas have been based on the digipaks I researched which were Rita Ora, Rihanna and Jessie J. These all have clear similarities and I wanted to also create one similar. They all have things that are iconic of that artist, in Rihanna's she has her red hair and lipstick, Rita Ora's is her font and the colour red, and Jessie J's is her autograph type font which she has used throughout all adverts and products. I would like to create something iconic for my artist, whether it is a font or a hairstyle. It gives a recognisable feature for the audience. I want it to be very clear what type of artist she is and show this through images.

No comments:

Post a Comment